The Heart of Love


My favorite one hit the floor this morning.
I was being so careful,
handling it gently like the treasure it is,
when it slipped from my grasp.
I felt it happening,
my fingers struggled to stop it,
but failed.


Not only is it the most exquisite Valentine's Day cookie I have ever seen, it was lovingly crafted by one so dear to my heart. 





But you know, the cookie, though broken,  
is still beautiful.
Still a treasure.
Made in love.

Be loved today.

Because you are.

"Nothing fazes us because Jesus loves us.  I'm absolutely convinced that nothing.....can get between us and God's love because of the way Jesus our Master has embraced us."

Romans 8, The Message


3 comments

  1. Ha! - Awwwww.

    But remember the 5-second rule! ... : D

    ( christian.potential )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you! Looks like the cookie-making was a huge success.
    Love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had fun, fun, fun decorating the cookies. P ate her last one before her nappy. I like the picture of her concentrating so intently on her cookie masterpiece ;O)

    Happy Heart Day = we love you.
    Aimee & Babycakes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright © 2013 Karla Pitts | Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio