A Happy Birthday

"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares."


— Henri J.M. Nouwen (The Road to Daybreak: A Spiritual Journey)


This quote describes my friend, Jan.  My life is richer because she was born, and because she has joined in my journey, and allowed me to be with her. 
 
Jan loves life and embraces it with arms wide open.  Beautiful, stylish and creative, her warm and giving heart draws people like a magnet.  Did I also mention that she has a terrific sense of humor, loves roses and chocolate, and coffee?  If she knew you, having coffee with you would be one of her favorite things to do.

That is just the way she is.

I am thankful to be her friend.
 
Happy birthday, Jan!

1 comment

  1. AWWWW!!!! makes me cry.

    the *perfect* picture for her!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright © 2013 Karla Pitts | Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio