A Halloween Treat

I will not lie.

I love Halloween.  Though I am not a fan of the "dark side", I have happy memories of this holiday going back to when I was a little girl.  

Dressing up, walking the dark streets with my friends and siblings, securing a bounty of candy . . .

We ventured out into a new neighborhood, so I tried to keep my expectations low.  You know, the celebration of Halloween has changed so much over the years. 

Many homes are dark and no one is home to open the door to greet the little super heroes and princesses.  



Our evening started slowly.  It was not quite dark. We were the only ones out.  

Though some homeowners enthusiastically welcomed our 6 year old Red Cross Nurse,  there wasn't that special Halloween buzz.

But then, I noticed a house.  
It was on the corner of the next block.  

All I could see were some orange lights lining the side window, but  I heard voices.  
A lot of voices.

"Let's go that way!"

When we rounded the corner, it was like stepping onto a Halloween movie set.    


The neighbors had gone all out with lights and foggers, music, pumpkins,  creatures, a grim reaper and a cemetery.



There were dozens of children and adults.
People were walking dogs and pushing strollers.



From one brightly lit house to the next we went, finding our way on the dark, crowded sidewalks.





Eventually, the Red Cross Nurse decided she had had enough fun.

"What?  Oh, alright."  I reluctantly agreed that it was time to head home.  
I was comforted by visions of Snickers bars.

Earlier in the day, I had heard a radio expert proclaim it to be the #1 Halloween treat.    



Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say, rejoice!
Philippians 4:4 





3 comments

  1. Ha! - A nurse. ... Quite a choice!

    And that very last shot might be the best. ...

    (SelectCircle)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get postings Karla, it was like going on this adventure with you. Great mamories you are making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karla,

    I always love looking at your blog. It makes me smile. Glad you found some fun houses to visit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright © 2013 Karla Pitts | Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio