A Cheerful Look

Months ago, when I first considered starting a blog, I knew one of my main challenges would be maintaining momentum. 

I cringed when I noticed my last posting was written in February. 

But life happens, as I know it does for you.  Even so, I am determined to create a better system.  Any suggestions?

Here is the latest example of how family needs can put everything on hold.

Early last week, granddaughter Piper went into the hospital, in the wee hours of the morning, with a respiratory infection and low oxygen levels.  She seemed to snap out of it and went home.   You can barely see the celebratory balloons tied to her stroller.



A few hours later, she was back in the ER.  Diagnosis: RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) or as her grandfather calls it, Really Serious Virus.



Glitter, glue, stickers and scissors were the most help in enduring the constant stream of medical personnel, treatments and tests.  But I must not forget to mention the almost hypnotic affect of the Sprouts network on the hospital television.

She's a crafty little thing!  And the more glitter, the better!




Aunt Claudia came by one evening to snap up some bubbles.



We all celebrated at the end of the week when she was able to go home.  In the above photo, you can see her projects proudly displayed along the window sill.  The delicate treasures required some creative packing!

Grateful for medical care; even more grateful when she doesn't need it.


A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones.
Proverbs 15:30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright © 2013 Karla Pitts | Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio