Trick or Treat?

This is not a discussion about the good and bad of celebrating Halloween.


As I child, I loved dressing up and going out  with my siblings and friends.  
And later, when fall festivals and alternative Halloween activities became available, we still took our children into the neighborhood for treats.  


Yesterday, I lugged home a big bag of candy from Walmart.  
We are ready for the dozens of children who will scream at us tonight, "Trick or treat!!"


Last night, I persuaded Larry, my long suffering husband, photo assistant and driver, to go with me scouting Halloween decorations. 
I recently decided to focus on a project of shooting quirky, decorated homes, and this is the perfect time of year to get started.  


So here is what we found in the hour before sunset.


Driving down Garland Avenue, I spotted some orange and black out of the corner of my eye.  
"Turn around, driver!"
We could hardly take in the explosion of Halloween goodness in this yard.  
Mr. Ramsey does this every October, though he told us a heart attack this year meant that he couldn't do as much.  
This is the more subdued version.  
He and his wife expect 2,000 - 3.000 visitors tonight.


He also does it up big at Christmas.  
We will be back.


Here are some other treasures we found.





Whether you greet little ones at your door, 
or hide in the back of your house with all of your lights off,
or go out for dinner, 
or watch the World Series,
have a sweet evening.

1 comment

  1. Great idea for a series - Karla!

    Every neighborhood has a house like this ... it seems.

    But the owner of the one in my neighborhood had to stop - because his electric bill was running into the thousands of dollars!

    Meanwhile ... I secretly wish I has so much holiday spirit as this.

    ( SelectCircle )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright © 2013 Karla Pitts | Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio