Show and Tell

"It is by chance we met . .


By choice we became friends."


 
Last night I had dinner with Deb.  This woman is a most marvelously talented writer, educator and business woman, generous of heart, stylish and creative to the core.  Most of all, she is my friend. 

Many years ago, we met as young mothers at a Bible Study Fellowship class.  She loves to give me credit for sparking a creative fire that transformed her into a one of the most stylish women I know.  We share a love for color and fashion, and a determination to avoid the "matronly" look, even as the years carry us along. 

Though she moved to another city, I have never lost my friend.  Deb has the gift of pursuit, and she has held fast to me.  Our children have grown up, our bodies have changed, our lives are different.  I love her dearly and was so happy to have dinner with her last night when she dashed into town.

Here she is showing me one of her new accessories.  We do love our show n' tell.








2 comments

  1. Ah! - It must be great to have a long-term friend.

    God has never blessed me with such. ...

    ( christian.potential )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I praise God for entwining our lives, Karla. Your blog blessed me. Building others up with encouraging words... such is your gift!
    Love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright © 2013 Karla Pitts | Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio